Charly Cares is on the hunt for a Head of Engineering to lead the way in our mission to change the traditional market and become the leading platform for childcare services. Are you looking for a challenging new step? We need you to help us grow!
What do we need
We are looking for a business enabler, who’s goal is to ensure that our technology operates in the right way. You can't go a day without getting your hands dirty in the backend.
With your entrepreneurial mindset, you’re open minded about new ideas and technologies. We need a smart ass, able to pick up new skills on the run - preferably auto-didact in programming.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a flat organization and doesn’t require authority. Not afraid to make split second decisions, even when stakes are high. Or is able to speak up his mind in a fast moving and something high pressure environment.
- Multiple years of senior product development experience
- You are experienced in developing, testing, shipping and maintaining products under pressure
- Leadership by skills
- Hands on experience in iOS/Android development (React Native), web development (HTML5/JS/ReactJS)
- Project management
- Used to handling high traffic websites, with a lot of concurrent visitors
- React Native
- Styled Components
- Angular (optional)
Together with the Growth team, consisting of our Head of Growth and one Growth Marketeer you will be responsible for developing and continuing the product road map.
The Charly Cares tech stack consists of:
- React Native app (80% of users)
- ReactJS web app, currently being redeveloped in React Native Web, combining all of our frontend
- Laravel API and Admin area (hosted on Heroku)
- AWS RDS database
- Data analysis platform (Metabase)
- Architecture 5%
- Development 20%
- Performance 10%
- Testing 10%
- Product management 25%
- Product planning 15%
- Compliance and security 5%
You will be responsible for guiding the product / growth team in developing new features as well as keeping the platform future proof whilst making these changes. The development done is together with our remote team in Serbia, consisting of one frontender and one backender. Collaboration with the team (both the remote as in-office team) is close knit and frequent. You are leading by example and are able to motivate the team to push their skills and output to a next level.
Performance monitoring is done on a continuous basis, and you are able to solve urgent issues yourself if needed. Having a platform with 50k active users issues will continuously arise and you will have to be able to determine the urgence directly.
What you get in return working in our team
- A competitive full time salary, negotiable based on your knowledge and experience;
- You become a shareholder in Charly Cares, so you share in the success of the company;
- As Head of Engineering and part of our Strategy Team you’ll determine Charly Cares’ future strategy and success.
Charly van der Straten - Founder
“Xander and I started Charly Cares five years ago. Started small, grew fast, and now we’re ready for the next step: become the leading platform for childcare services. I’m looking forward to it!”
Xander Koenen - Founder
“At Charly Cares we have a strong team that works hard to help Charly Cares grow and has fun doing it. No day is the same. I describe it as a fast-moving, digital environment with a bunch of cool people creating the Charly Cares business.”
Our selection procedure
Apply by clicking the button below and send us your CV + cover letter. Add 'Head of Engineering' to the subject of your e-mail. Let’s first meet and have a small chat to introduce Charly Cares, the role, and - most importantly - get to know you. During the interview phase (of max two rounds including a case) we will inform you as soon as we have decided whether we would like to proceed with you.
*Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated and will not be answered